Note: it can feel a little long to be dancing with just you and your mom on the dance floor for over 4min. For my customers, I try to find a spot somewhere between the 2:45 – 4min mark where I can nicely fade out the song. You may want to ask your DJ to do the same.
1. The Beatles – Across the Universe (naked version) – If your mom is a Beatles fan, she’ll love this striped down version of Across the Universe.
2. The Byrds – Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) – Not at all cheesy and not too slow.
3. Bob Dylan – Forever Young
4. The Band – Forever Young – A different version
5. James Taylor – How Sweet It Is
6. The Beatles – In My Life – This Beatles classic is super sweet, but a little sentimental. Watch out for tears when this song plays.
7. Stevie Wonder – You Are the Sunshine of My Life
8. Paul Simon – Loves Me Like a Rock
9. John Lennon – Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)
10. James Taylor – You’ve Got a Friend
11. Van Morrison – Sweet Thing Moms love Van Morrison.
12. Van Morrison – Have I Told You Lately
13. Johnny Cash – You Are My Sunshine – A very unconventional slow dance song. Perfect if your for moms and grooms who like to be off the beaten path.
14. Cat Stevens – Wild World
15. Carole King – Child of Mine
16. Ray LaMontagne – You Are The Best Thing – A more current, yet appropriate song.
17. Rascal Flatts – My Wish This one is a bit cheesy and you might not like country music, but moms love it.
18. Song for Mama – Boyz II Men – If you and your mom love R&B from the late 90s then this will be perfect for you.
19. Lynard Skynard – Simple Man – If your mom loves classic rock then this might be the perfect song for your mother groom dance.
20. Louis Armstrong – What a Wonderful World – I personally think that everyone has heard enough of this song but it’s popular for a reason.
Is your bride to be still looking for a song to use to dance with her dad to. Have her check out these 7 unique father daughter wedding dance songs.Looking for a mother son dance song? Here are 20 suggestions that will suit many tastes of your mom. There are more suggestions out on the internet, but a lot of them are either super cheesy or inappropriate. 20 Songs for the Mother Groom Dance by Justin